×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 15°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Donald Trump: Bezos, Zuckerberg, Uber, Ford, and General Motors fill inauguration fund with millions

It is estimated that the funds raised will surpass the $107 million record of 2017

Newsroom December 26 07:52

Tycoons and major corporations in the U.S. are poised to break the 2017 fundraising record for a presidential inauguration fund as they seek favor with the incoming Trump administration.

According to The Guardian, major U.S. corporations are pouring money into Trump’s inauguration fund for January 20th, as these donations are not subject to campaign finance laws. The projections suggest the amount will exceed the $107 million raised for Trump’s inauguration in 2017.

Donations already recorded include $1 million from Jeff Bezos’ Amazon, OpenAI CEO Sam Altman, and Meta, led by Mark Zuckerberg.

Hedge fund manager Ken Griffin has reportedly pledged $1 million, as stated by Bloomberg, while Uber and its CEO are also said to have contributed $1 million each. Toyota, Ford, and General Motors are expected to donate $1 million apiece, with Ford also reportedly including a fleet of vehicles in its donation.

“EVERYONE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND!!!” Trump wrote a few days ago in a post on Truth Social.

High-Profile Visits to Mar-a-Lago
Many top executives from the American industrial and financial sectors have either already made trips to Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s transition team headquarters, or are planning to, according to reports. These visits are part of efforts to gain influence and access to the incoming administration, which has vowed to change international trade rules.

Brendan Glavin, research director of the nonprofit OpenSecrets, which tracks money in politics, told CNBC last week that Trump’s inauguration committee represents “a great opportunity for them to curry favor with the incoming administration.”

Glavin described this courting as both a defensive and offensive charm strategy. “None of these people want to be Trump’s punching bag for the next four years,” he remarked.

Breaking Donation Records
According to ABC News, declared donations have already surpassed $150 million, far exceeding the $53 million raised for Barack Obama’s inauguration in 2009, $42 million in 2013, and $63 million for Joe Biden’s inauguration in 2021.

“One of the oldest sayings in Washington is that if you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu, and the price of admission to get a seat at the table keeps going up,” said Michael Beckel, director of advocacy group Issue One, to CNBC

>Related articles

Politico on the Munich Conference: Europe is spending more on defense and can stand up to the US

Munich Conference formalizes the rift: Rubio cancels last-minute Ukraine meeting – “We must free ourselves from dependence on the US,” say Merz & Macron

Sustainable infrastructure boost for SOS children’s villages with support from The Hellenic Initiative

Symbolic Donations
The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that 11 companies and trade associations are financially supporting Trump’s second inauguration, despite pledges to suspend or review donations after the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

Trump allies noted that the fundraising isn’t about the money but serves as a symbolic means for donors to apologize for any previous misjudgments.

According to the WSJ, donors who contribute $1 million or bundle $2 million will receive six tickets to a series of pre-inauguration events, including a reception with cabinet members, a “candlelight dinner” with Trump and Melania Trump, and a formal inaugural ball.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Bezos#US#zuckerberg
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Second wave of acquisitions in education: Foreign funds now investing in private schools across Greece’s regions

February 16, 2026

Adonis Georgiades filed a lawsuit against Zoe Konstantopoulou at Evelpidon

February 16, 2026

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

February 16, 2026

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

February 16, 2026

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

February 16, 2026

Erdogan’s visit to Abu Dhabi postponed, what did the Turkish president invoke?

February 16, 2026

Warner Bros is considering re-entering talks with Paramount: What this means for Netflix

February 16, 2026

The Belgian seller to protothema: Why I withdrew from eBay the photos of the 200 executed people of Kaisariani

February 16, 2026
All News

> Culture

“Tehran” creator Dana Eden is the Israeli found dead in an Athens Hotel – “Murder claims are false”

The production company’s statement on rumors of foul play – Police believe it was suicide after a large number of pills were found in her room – She was in Athens for the series’ filming

February 16, 2026

Do the Orthodox also have a Valentine’s Day? Who were Aquila and Priscilla

February 13, 2026

Mind the Greeks: Bringing Greek knowledge to the world stage

February 11, 2026

“Saint Paisios” tops the Greek Box Office, “Kapodistrias” in 2nd place

February 11, 2026

“Astoria”: The new major production of the Pallas Theatre on Greek migration to New York

February 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα