×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
18
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 11°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Politics

Turkish Defence Minister indirectly threatens Greece over the status quo in the Aegean Sea

He said Turkey had taken all necessary measures to protect its interests in the wider region

Newsroom March 29 04:35

Turkey’s Defense Minister Hulusi Akar made indirect threats against Greece over the status in the Aegean Sea and the rights of his country to defend what he perceives as the national interests in the wider region in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
As Anadolu News Agency reports, he added that Turkey expects everyone to empathise with developments in the Aegean Sea and it should not be provoked.
Akar said Turkey’s foreign policy was based on peace, friendship and good relations with neighbours.
“However, we will not allow a fait accompli, we want everyone to know that we will do whatever necessary in line with self-defence and international laws,” referring to possible hostilities in the surrounding seas.
He went on to say that Turkey had already taken all measures to defend its interest in the “blue homeland”.

 

>Related articles

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

Ten centuries-old olive trees in New Heraklion, Attica

The photos of the execution of the 200 in Kaisariani are authentic; declared a monument by the Ministry of Culture, opening the way for their acquisition

#BREAKING – Turkey expects everyone to empathize with developments in Aegean Sea, should not be provoked: Defense minister

— ANADOLU AGENCY (ENG) (@anadoluagency) March 29, 2019

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#aegean sea#greece#tensions#turkey#Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar
> More Politics

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Unacceptable oil embargo on Cuba by the U.S., says Putin

February 18, 2026

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

February 18, 2026

Hoxha’s secret naval base inside a mountain in Albania, the clash with the Russians, and the theft of the submarines

February 18, 2026

Ten centuries-old olive trees in New Heraklion, Attica

February 18, 2026

The photos of the execution of the 200 in Kaisariani are authentic; declared a monument by the Ministry of Culture, opening the way for their acquisition

February 18, 2026

Bulgaria holds early parliamentary elections on 19 April, eighth in five years

February 18, 2026

Kaklamanis: Parliament will hire one of the 12 children of a large family

February 18, 2026

Washington moves closer to declaring war on Iran, even immediately: “Trump’s patience is running out”

February 18, 2026
All News

> Greece

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

The testimony of Mr. Tziortziotis regarding the explosion at the Trikala factory that claimed the lives of five female workers lasted four hours and 45 minutes

February 18, 2026

Ten centuries-old olive trees in New Heraklion, Attica

February 18, 2026

The photos of the execution of the 200 in Kaisariani are authentic; declared a monument by the Ministry of Culture, opening the way for their acquisition

February 18, 2026

Meeting between the leadership of the Ministry of Justice and the FBI to strengthen cooperation

February 18, 2026

Constitutional law scholar and former minister Antonis Manitakis dies at 82

February 18, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα