×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 12°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Lifestyle

Eva Longoria: Gave $6 million of her own money to save ‘John Wick’

Just 24 hours before filming began, the movie faced a budget shortfall. Ultimately, it grossed over $86 million worldwide, while the franchise surpassed $1 billion

Newsroom October 24 10:15

Action movie lovers have a special reason to thank Eva Longoria for the success of one of the most famous franchises of all time, “John Wick.”

Eva Longoria saved "John Wick" from shutting down by providing $6 million in funding.

“We were less than a week out and we lost almost $6 million on a gap financing,” says director Chad Stahelski. “We were financing independently to get the bond, but one of the investors… pic.twitter.com/rop4rz0jTS

— Variety (@Variety) October 23, 2024

In a recent interview, the producers of the series revealed that the Golden Globe-nominated actress and producer played a pivotal role in financing the first film.

“We were in the last week of production and had a loss of about $6 million,” Chad Stahelski noted in Business Insider. “We had independent funding… and one of the investors couldn’t raise the money in time.”

As CAA was trying to secure the amount, they offered some of their actors the opportunity to invest, with the assurance that they would be the first to get their money back.

“[Eva] came in to save us and literally secured the money in less than 24 hours before we closed the doors on the movie and walked away,” Stahelski continued, who learned about their “secret” savior along with David Leitch from producer Basil Iwanyk.

Despite never having met, they invited her to dinner at Chateau Marmont to thank her.

>Related articles

Gwyneth Paltrow to Gala: ‘When you have a dream, there is no Plan B

Brutal crime in Hollywood: Renowned director Rob Reiner and his wife found dead, allegedly murdered by their son

George Clooney: Advice that changed his life by Paul Newman about fame

“She was laughing and saying, ‘I didn’t think it would work,’” Stahelski recalls, while Leitch mentioned that Longoria would later tell him that investing in “John Wick” was “the best money” she had ever spent.

Notably, the 2014 film grossed over $86 million worldwide, while the franchise surpassed $1 billion in theaters last year with its fourth installment.

According to Deadline, the franchise will continue with the new film “From the World of John Wick: Ballerina,” starring Ana de Armas. Directed by Len Wiseman, it is expected in theaters on June 6, 2025.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#action franchise#Ana de Armas#Basil Iwanyk#Chad Stahelski#eva longoria#film funding#hollywood#John Wick
> More Lifestyle

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

What the peoples are proud of: Greeks proud of history, Italians proud of culture and Turks proud of their patriotism

February 19, 2026
All News

> World

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

Remained in custody for 12 hours - No information from police on what will happen next

February 19, 2026

“I love him, leave him alone, don’t call him a racist”: An African-American woman defended Trump and praised him at the White House

February 19, 2026

Peace Council underway: Possible deal with Iran in 10 days, says Trump (video)

February 19, 2026

Russia offers a $12 trillion package to the US in exchange for the lifting of sanctions

February 19, 2026

Medvedev: Zelensky is a useful idiot, as long as he stays in power, Ukraine is shrinking

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα